When people think of accounting they often think of the myriad of time-consuming, mundane tasks involved. While many of these tasks may seem insignificant from an outside perspective, the truth is that in accounting the devil is in the details. These details add up, however, and result in wasted time that could be better spent elsewhere. After all, in any industry, time is money. So how do you streamline these pesky tasks without actually bypassing them? By adding solid tools to your arsenal. These productivity tools aren’t just software to optimize cash flow, automate invoicing, and manage bookkeeping, they can be as simple as the right instruments to help you stay organized and motivated. Below you will find our must-have tool recommendations.
Our Top Tech Tool Recommendations for 2021
When it comes to technology, lagging or unresponsive equipment can really slow down your process. It might not seem like it at the moment, but seconds add up to minutes which add up tohours in the long run. It’s important to have reliable gadgets with speed, precision and responsiveness in order to stay on track and maintain a professional appearance. Here are our top choices for tech equipment:
- Anker PowerConf S3 Bluetooth Speakerphone – for all calls and Zoom meetings
- Logitech MX Keys Advanced Wireless Illuminated Keyboard – on multiple computers, Pair with up to 3 devices Compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android systems
- Logitech MX Master 3 Advanced Wireless Mouse – Matching mouse to the keyboard. Gamechanger!
- Anker Wireless Charger – Qi-Certified, Fast Charging, perfect to keep on your desk
- Apple AirPods Pro – Noise cancellations is a game-changer on the Pro’s
Office supplies help to keep your paperwork and your thoughts organized. When choosing accounting office supplies, there are several things you need to keep in mind: practicality, reusability, performance, and comfort. Even a pen can make a great difference after you find yourself holding it for hours and expecting the ink not to smudge. These are our must-have office supplies:
- Glass Whiteboard – If you are not a fan of leftover marker residue, this is the whiteboard for you.
- Rocketbook Panda Planner, Reusable Academic Daily Planner – For those that don’t want a bulky planner, and it also integrates with Google Drive, Dropbox, and other services
- Rocketbook Flip with 1 Pilot Frixion Pen – Similar to the planner, but a reusable notebook.
- PILOT FriXion Clicker Erasable, Refillable & Retractable Gel Ink Pens – Best pens for use with the RocketBook products
When all is said and done, what will ultimately make the biggest, most noticeable difference in your work process is the software you have on hand. Ineffective use of software can be just as bad as not having any software at all as it can slow you down, create new challenges, and require a substantial learning curve. The right software, on the other hand, can eliminate manual and repetitive tasks, minimize your chances of error, and increase your productivity significantly.Below you will find what we consider essential software in this day and age:
- Dubsado – It’s a CRM and then some. You can create contracts, canned emails, event contact forms for your website.
- Tsheets – Best software for tracking time. We recommend tracking time for both billable and internal time
- QuickBooks Online – QBO is our accounting software of choice. Use the link to secure 50% off your subscription for the first year.
- Shift – Game changer in productivity! If you have multiple Gmail accounts, this will eliminate the need for multiple tabs.
- Clickup – The motherload of productivity apps! We love that it is such a robust software.
No matter your industry or position, it is always important to stay motivated and work on improving yourself. There is a lot of competition out there and the only way to stand out and move up the ladder of success is to grow professionally. But professional growth cannot be done without personal growth. Fortunately, you don’t have to figure it out on your own. The following are resources that we have found to be eye-opening, informative and motivational in helping us become our best professional selves:
- Building BADASSERY: A Guide to Stepping into your own BADASSERY & to Staying There – This is the perfect start to the new year read! We also love that it is a workbook. We recommend the paperback version, so you can carry it with you.
- Path of Emergence: From Loss To Triumph – This is one of those books that you won’t want to put down. It will give you insight into the injustices in the legal system and how one woman was able to turn that injustice into triumph.
- Hurt to Hope – This book is a powerful story of how a mom was able to tragedy into a legacy. As a phycologist, she will also break down information on how powerful the human brain is.
Accounting Services In South Florida
At Agile Planners, we believe in working smarter, not just harder. There are a lot of processes in accounting that have been stuck in the past for far too long. We partner with businesses to help get their technology integrated, resulting in saved time, improved reporting, elimination of bottlenecks, and overall optimization of accounting functions. For more recommendations on tools and accounting services in South Florida that can help increase efficiency in your business, contact us today.